Last Updated on December 9, 2021 by admin
Today, mobile phones have become an essential accessory and almost every person in the world has access to them. Now, coming from general to specific, you are a blogger or a streamer or just an everyday person who doesn’t have any advanced microphones but wants to record audio for his video or any other reason.
The first thing that you will notice after hearing your recorded audio is that it is not as clear as it is supposed to be. This can happen due to multiple reasons. One can be that your microphone is busted or of low quality, or the other can be that its settings need to be customized.
Now, how would you know how to find those settings and how to configure them? This is where I come in. This article will tell you all that there is to know about android microphone settings, how you can find them, and how you can configure them.
But, before we get to the settings, let’s discuss some other issues that your microphone can be having.
Your android might have a short circuit, a wire might have gotten cut off or the problem might be a bit less complex. Dust or debris might have collected in your microphone hole and blocked it. These are the issues that you need to resolve by taking your android to a technician.
On the other hand, if there are no such issues then you just need to play a bit with the settings.
How to access android microphone settings?
1.Now, if you have standard android mobiles, such as a Samsung or a Huawei, you can access the microphone’s settings through the Sound option in the “Settings” icon.
2.Some mobile models might have you go a step further and choose the “Audio” or “Sound” option where you will further have to select the microphone settings option.
3.From here, you can try turning OFF or ON different functions, such as noise reduction or sound level, microphone sound, etc.
If you have even a little prior knowledge of acoustic terms, you will be done in a few minutes, but if you have no prior know-how, it might take you a bit of time in understanding the different options and how they work.
A few tips to fix your android microphone other than accessing Settings:
There are a few things that you can do to solve your microphone issue if it is still there even after you have configured the settings;
- You can try restarting your phone. It often happens that out of nowhere, a glitch can prevent your mobile from recording any audio from your microphone, this can be mostly solved by restarting your device.
- As discussed earlier, try cleaning your microphone pinhole.
- Many Android phones come with an option of “Noise Reduction”. This is a very cool option which if enabled, can almost cancel out all the background noise which might be a factor for your voice not getting recorded clearly.
- Remove any unused or third-party apps. These apps sometimes bring the virus to your device or cause a malfunction in your androids’ programming, which makes it unable to perform its functions efficiently.
- Ensure that your device is not connected to any other microphone such as that from a Bluetooth device. Moreover, some androids don’t record proper sound if they have an AUX cable connected at the same time.
- After making certain changes, put your device in flight mode and try calling someone or recording your audio. This is done because flight mode doesn’t allow any third-party apps to run which enables you to find out if the issue is being caused by these apps or if it is a hardware issue.
- The last tip comes up fairly common in almost all devices. Some androids are programmed by default not to permit any apps for a lot of functions. Now, if you have to record audio for something or if you want to make a call using an app, you need to make sure that that app has been given permission to use the microphone.
Now you know a lot of different ways that you can use to toggle your microphone settings and adjust the specifications to suit your requirements. Just do a bit of research on what different functions mean and what you can do to get ideal settings for your recordings.